Dogs are very intelligent and can learn a lot of things if they are given the proper training. If you have a dog at home, you should think about some basic commands to teach the dogs. These activities will make more fun with your dog and stop you from the boring play time. Besides, these commands are very easy for any dog to learn and follow, let’s give it a try.
Apply this trick in some urgent situations such as the dog is going to fight with the other dogs, jump on people when walking on the street or bark at someone in no need.
– Hold the treat in your closed fist, lift the treat lower the dog’s nose. So his head will follow the treat causing his bottom to lower.
– Give the command “Sit” once he’s naturally in sitting position. Reward him the treat and show the affection by smiling, calling his name and patting him.
You should repeat this training several times every day until your dog can get it well.
This trick can be helpful when you take the dog to visit the vet for checking health. Actually, this command has the dog training techniques as same as the “Sit” command so it’s very easy to learn and practice.
– Give “Sit” command to the dog
– Hold the treat in your closed fist, lift the treat over the dog’s nose. So his head will follow the treat causing his bottom to upper.
– Give the command “Stand” once he’s naturally in standing position. Reward him the treat and share the affection.
Follow these steps below to teach your dog “Down” command.
– Hold your hand with the treat inside near the dog’s snout. When he sniffs it, move your hand down to the ground. The dog head will naturally follow your movement.
– Slide your hand along the ground in front of him to encourage his body to follow his head.
– Once he’s in the down position, give the command “Down”. Reward him the treat and share affection.
This command may be a little bit hard and make your dog feel anxious for the first time. Because down position is the submissive posture so you should make the relaxing training with the positive voice. This is also the best command to control your dog when he wants to attack someone else.
Teach your dog this one after he knows the “Sit” or “Down” command
– Give “Sit” or “Down” command to the dog
– Open the palm of your hand in front of the dog, give the command “Stay”
– Take a few steps back. Reward him if he stays.
– Gradually increase the number of steps you take before giving the treat.
This trick is how to teach your dog the self-control skill, so it’s may be hard at a couple times, especially for puppies and high-energy dogs. Patience and practice are the keys to the successful training.
This command will protect your dog from running away causing lost. You can also use it when your dog chases someone else.
– Put a leash and collar on your dog neck.
– Set a specific distance to the dog, give the command “Come” while pulling the leash a little.
– When he comes to you, give him the treat to make him aware of the purpose of this training.
– Repeat the training for practicing until your dog gets it. Then, remove the leash and continue practicing.
These commands above include the dog command words list that you should keep in your mind as the useful cue. In order to release your dog, it’s nice to use the cue “Okay” or “Brake”. Besides the verbal commands, you can add the hand signals to make it more effective. Here is the list of dog commands and hand signals mentioned in this post:
– Sit: Make a palm-out at your leg and move it up as if to touch your shoulder.
– Down: Make a palm-out at the shoulder and move down towards the ground.
– Stand: Make a palm-out at the side of the hip and move straight backward.
– Stay: Make a Palm-out stretch in the vertical line before the dog.
– Come: Stretch your arms out parallel to the ground, bring your hands to your chest.
– Free: Hold both closed hands up at shoulder level, then make the palm out. This signal lets your pet know he is done and can relax or do something else.
Although there are a lot of advanced dog commands, you should start with these basic commands to teach the dogs. Hope it helps you a lot in training the dog.